cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How to restore pics I deleted on my files?

Jump to solution

Hello!

I deleted most of the pictures that I uploaded on my files the other day (for cleaning the space),  I attached all those pictures on Discussion section, but just found out today that the pictures couldn't show up anymore:((

How can I get all the pictures restored and show up on the Discussion area again?

Pls help!!

Thank you:smileycry:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chris,

Thank you for checking in, I got the problem solved by reaching out directly to New School IT, thank you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Xinxing,

I don't know that it's possible to undelete items from your own Files area in Canvas.  If it's possible it's likely going to require Canvas Support to do.  I suggest clicking on the Help button on the left side of Canvas and clicking Report a Problem.  This will open a ticket with Canvas support and they can see if it's possible.  With course content at least we usually tell instructors it's very difficult to fully delete things and I know most can be restored.  I'm just not sure if that holds true for personal files.

Good luck,

Rick

Dear Rick,

I'm a student, I tried to report a problem but I couldn’t login using my canvas ID. It showed that my ID is not a valid user in the system. How can I login? Thank you

Xinxing 

Dear Rick,

FYI, here's the screenshot.

308794_WechatIMG5.png

Try clicking the Use SAML Login.  That is a single sign on protocol being used by your school so hopefully it will give you a screen that lets you log in with the same username/password that you use when accessing Canvas.  

Rick

Dear Rick, 

I couldn’t log in even by using SAML Login

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, xinxingrtps@hotmail.com...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since your posting on March 25, 2019.  It looks like rmurchshafer@unomaha.edu had been helping you with your question about files and then also getting logged in on your mobile phone.  Were you able to get logged in?  Also, did Rick's response about those image files help to answer your question?  If so, please feel free to mark his feedback as "Correct".  But, if you are still looking for some help from Community members about your original question, please let us know that as well by posting a note below.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" mainly because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since late March.  However, that will not prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for checking in, I got the problem solved by reaching out directly to New School IT, thank you!

View solution in original post