cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcarrion
Surveyor II

How to retrieve deleted gradebooks in canvas

Jump to solution

I just made a critical mistake and deleted 30 courses. Is there a way to recover the students submitted assignments, quizzes and scores? I know how to recuperate the course... and the fact that The students have to be enrolled manually, but I can't find anything regarding the gradebook recovery.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Once you restore the course and the enrollments, all of the student data should be there.  This includes grades and submissions.

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Once you restore the course and the enrollments, all of the student data should be there.  This includes grades and submissions.

Rick

View solution in original post

mcarrion
Surveyor II

Thank you, I did that and everything was fine.😃👍

I had an issue about restoring the SIS ID, since I restored courses over the originals. When I retrieved them, the SIS ID was on the new recently restored courses, so I couldn't delete them and reuse the SIS ID since the system would tell me they were a duplicate. So, I figured I could "cut" the SIS ID, update the course, "paste" it in the one recovered and update it and that would comply with the rule of SIS ID duplicates. That worked just fine.