How to set a 1 hour quiz to be taken within 2 days interval and answer by uploading a pdf file?

Jump to solution
ludua
Community Novice

I need to set a quiz as follows:

-It can be taken by anyone in the section, any time within 2 days interval

-It can be taken only once, and no pause/resume

-The duration is one hour. When 1 hour is gone the quiz is closed for ever for that student

-There is only one long question and the student will answer by submitting/uploading a pdf file in Canvas.

-When deadline has passed I go to this quiz place in Canvas, download all those pdf and grade them and put the grades by hand in Canvas

Thank you so very much!!!

Sincerely yours,

Andrei

1 Solution
jennifernichols
Community Participant

@ludua ‌,

Hello! I have broken down the answer to your question below. Please do hesitate to ask if you have further questions, we are here to help Smiley Happy.

1. First portion you asked...

-It can be taken by anyone in the section, any time within 2 days interval

-It can be taken only once, and no pause/resume

-The duration is one hour. When 1 hour is gone the quiz is closed for ever for that student

The following directive will be helpful How do I create a quiz with individual questions?‌. This will allow you to select the section of your course you would like to post the quiz for, you can also open it for the entire course, as well as the specific time period (2 days) you would like to offer the quiz. You will also be able to set a time limit that students will have to take the quiz. 

-----------------------------

2. Then you asked about a file upload question...

-There is only one long question and the student will answer by submitting/uploading a pdf file in Canvas.

Here is some information that should meet what you are looking for...How do I create a File Upload quiz question?

------------------------------------ 

3. Lastly, about downloading the quiz submissions...Check out the How do I create a File Upload quiz question? again. Scroll to the bottom, there is a section on 'Download Student Submissions'.

All the best. 

View solution in original post