cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klbecke1
Surveyor

How to take a video created in Camtasia 9 with embedded quizzes to playback in Canvas?

I have a request from faculty, she would like to import a video created in Camtasia 9 that has embedded quizzes. I noticed that you can do this with Screencast.com or using your own website however both have file storage limitations of 2GB so she will not be able to use either of them. I was hoping she could by bypass this and import in Canvas. I was able to export the video using the MP4 with Smart Player however, the quizzes do not show during playback when adding to Canvas via the Files tool or through the media tool in the Rich Content editor.

Has anyone else been able to use a Camtasia 9 video with embedded quizzes work in Canvas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Greetings! I'm not sure of the answer to this question, but I've shared it with the Instructional Designers‌ group in the Community to see if they can help.

Kona

floresr
Learner II

I would export as SCORM. 

Do this first: Camtasia: Quizzing & Surveys - YouTube 

You will need your system admin to enable the SCORM LTI in Canvas. 

Here is how to import the SCORMs into Canvas: How do I import SCORM files as an assignment?  

I hope this helps.

Ricardo

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, klbecke1...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on March 8, 2019.  It looks like  @floresr  had some possible feedback for you.  Have you had an opportunity to review his response?  Do you feel that he has helped to answer your question?  If so, please go ahead and mark his reply as "Correct".  However, if you're still looking for some help, please let us know that as well by posting a message below so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.

Also, has your school purchased Canvas Studio (formerly Arc)?  I'm not sure if you knew this or not, but Studio now supports video quizzing.  Here are some Guides with more information:

How do I use Canvas Studio video quizzing in a course? 

How do I create a Canvas Studio video quiz in a course? 

How do I embed a Canvas Studio video quiz in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor? 

How do I post Canvas Studio video quiz results in the Gradebook? 

How do I view Canvas Studio video quiz results in a course? 

How do I take a Canvas Studio video quiz in a course as a student? 

Finally, I noticed that your profile name here in the Community doesn't really display your actual name.  Canvas Community Managers ask that we provide our first/last name in our Community profiles.  Please check out the "Be you" section of this document: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14881-75187841090 

I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over six months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.