cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

How to track down source of Canvas Commons artifact?

Jump to solution

When we migrated to Canvas in 2016 we created a template.admin account to manage course templates as well as to create pages and other artifacts we wanted to share with the instructors at our college. eLearning staff have changed and we're realizing we should have done a better job of documenting.

We have a page that was shared to Canvas Commons that needs to be updated BUT we're having difficulty locating the original course that page was created in. Suggestions? I appreciate the help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Ann, 

We have released a new Commons Stats page for admins. If you are an admin, you have an 'Admin' tab in the top menu. If you click it, another menu shows up with 'Stats' in it. If you open it, you can see all the resources that have been shared to Commons within your Canvas instance. There you can find the page that needs to be updated and a link that takes you back to original Canvas course (if it still exists). 

I hope this is helpful! 

Have a nice day, 

Zsofi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello ablackman@collin.edu...

That's a great question...and one that I'm not sure I really have an answer for.  However, I wanted to let you know that I am going to share your question with the Canvas Commons group here in the Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  Also, I might recommend that you reach out to the Help Desk staff at Instructure.  They may be able to get you the information you are looking for.  If you do contact the Help Desk staff, please come back here to this topic to provide an update for us so that we can learn more about this.  Hope this helps, Ann.  Good luck!

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Ann, 

We have released a new Commons Stats page for admins. If you are an admin, you have an 'Admin' tab in the top menu. If you click it, another menu shows up with 'Stats' in it. If you open it, you can see all the resources that have been shared to Commons within your Canvas instance. There you can find the page that needs to be updated and a link that takes you back to original Canvas course (if it still exists). 

I hope this is helpful! 

Have a nice day, 

Zsofi

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Just a note: You'll have use this Stats link in Test right now, or right click the Canvas Source chain-link and paste it into a browser logged into your test instance, because the link wants to open in the test Instance. I put in a case for this, but it was just placed on hold.

Also: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/15490-commons-admin-csv-stats-download 

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels