cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahervey
Community Member

How to use dropbox with canvas?

Jump to solution

I do not know how to use Dropbox with canvas? I am curious as to how i can use an access token to authorize Dropbox. Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ahervey ​...

If you are an admin for your instance of Canvas and you want to add this for your entire school, you can do this via your Administrative Pages of Canvas (Settings >> Apps).  Dropbox is an LTI app listed in this area.  There isn't a "Shared Secret" or "Consumer Key" you'll need, so you should be able to set it up right away.  However, as the EduAppCenter website says, you'll need to log in to your own Dropbox account each time you want to use it.  See here: Edu App Center: Dropbox  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ahervey ​...

If you are an admin for your instance of Canvas and you want to add this for your entire school, you can do this via your Administrative Pages of Canvas (Settings >> Apps).  Dropbox is an LTI app listed in this area.  There isn't a "Shared Secret" or "Consumer Key" you'll need, so you should be able to set it up right away.  However, as the EduAppCenter website says, you'll need to log in to your own Dropbox account each time you want to use it.  See here: Edu App Center: Dropbox  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

ahervey
Community Member

Thank you and this did help! Although i am not an admin, I am grateful that you have gave me some insight. Thank you and have a good day