cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Hyperlinks in assignment comments

Jump to solution

If I paste a link to a video, resource, tutorial, etc in the assignment comments within the Speedgrader, my students are unable to click on th link. They seem to have to copy and paste links from those comments into the browser address bar. Is this the desired student experience? Is there a reason Canvas does not auto-hyperlink when URL's are pasted into the comments section in the Speedgrader?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Navigator

ashbyd@byui.edu

Assignment / submission comments do not support HTML, which would be necessary to convert it to an active hyperlink. This has been an oft-requests feature in the Community and when I visited Instructure HQ in April 2017, there was discussion going on about looking at revamping all of the communications, one part of which would be this.

There is a feature idea currently open for this. You may wish to vote for it and/or share your use case if it's not already there. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4332-allow-html-in-assignment-comments 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

ashbyd@byui.edu

Assignment / submission comments do not support HTML, which would be necessary to convert it to an active hyperlink. This has been an oft-requests feature in the Community and when I visited Instructure HQ in April 2017, there was discussion going on about looking at revamping all of the communications, one part of which would be this.

There is a feature idea currently open for this. You may wish to vote for it and/or share your use case if it's not already there. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4332-allow-html-in-assignment-comments 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

I was hoping there was already an idea for this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Is there a work around that exists for this at all? Is there an extension or some hack? My students have iPads and cannot highlight and copy the links at all

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels