cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hyperlinks not opening from embedded slides

Hi, I have tried uploading my interactive google slides presentation into my Canvas home page. On my google slide, I have images with links to various things my students can use for virtual learning. I published my google slide to the web and copied the embed code onto my Canvas page. While I am in edit mode, the links all work and open in new tabs. But, when I push save, and try to click on a link...nothing happens. It makes me right click and push open in a tab and briefly an alert comes up that says redirecting and then the link opens. I teach younger students so I wanted it to be as easy as possible for them to open the links and not have to deal with right clicking. 

I taught summer school, and the interactive slide I have for summer is working where the links open right away. However, I have been trying to work on my fall page, and the links do not open. Any ideas on what is happening? 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I am having a similar problem only with Microsoft Sway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with my virtual classroom page  which I first  created with Google Slides and I inserted a Video into the Google Slide.  I followed all the correct steps to  publish, and  copy and embed the  HTML Code into the Rich Content Editor on my Canvas Course's homepage.  The Google Slide appears and the video click works within my Sandbox, as well as when I go to Student View.  However, when I am in the actual  published student course and I had my administrator log in as a student into my grade 5 art course, he could not access the Video.  It is there, but instead of the click in Video play arrow, it states the video is not accessible to the students.

Why is this?

Highlighted
Surveyor

I am having the same problem. How can we get someone from CANVAS to reply with a solution? I'm going live Monday and need this fixed asap.

0 Kudos
Labels