cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rebecca_craig
Surveyor

Hyperlinks opening in a new window

Jump to solution

Possibly being silly, but just wondering how to make sure hyperlinks will open in a new window? All my hyperlinks in all pages link out, except one, and I can't seem to find a way to set it to link out so would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction!

Many thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there  @rebecca_craig ...

There are two ways to do this.  First, when you are in the RCE (Rich Content Editor) of the page of content you are working on, you can highlight the link and then press Ctrl + K on your keyboard.  This will display an "Insert link" box with a drop-down list next to the "Target" field.  Instead of "None", select "New window", and then click the "Ok" button.

The other way is very similar.  With your cursor in the RCE, press Ctrl + F9 on your keyboard.  This will display a hidden menu that has things like "File", "Edit", "View", etc.  In the RCE, highlight the link you'd like to open in a new window, then select the "Insert" menu at the top of the RCE, and then choose "Link".  You'll see the same "Insert link" window described above.

I hope that this is helpful to you, Rebecca.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there  @rebecca_craig ...

There are two ways to do this.  First, when you are in the RCE (Rich Content Editor) of the page of content you are working on, you can highlight the link and then press Ctrl + K on your keyboard.  This will display an "Insert link" box with a drop-down list next to the "Target" field.  Instead of "None", select "New window", and then click the "Ok" button.

The other way is very similar.  With your cursor in the RCE, press Ctrl + F9 on your keyboard.  This will display a hidden menu that has things like "File", "Edit", "View", etc.  In the RCE, highlight the link you'd like to open in a new window, then select the "Insert" menu at the top of the RCE, and then choose "Link".  You'll see the same "Insert link" window described above.

I hope that this is helpful to you, Rebecca.

View solution in original post

rebecca_craig
Surveyor

Fantastic, many thanks - problem solved! I knew there should be a pop-up window somewhere, just couldn't find it!

Rebecca