I added a course but it is not showing up on Canvas. What should I do?

Jump to solution
ramirez_jasmine
Community Novice

I received an Instructor's Add Code for the class and successfully added the class. However, when I log onto Canvas the course doesn't show up. I am in the class as it shows on Corsair Connect.

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@ramirez_jasmine  

First, try going to the Courses menu and see if it shows up on your list of courses. If it isn't there, then it may be because it isn't marked as a favorite. If it shows up as a future enrollment, then double check your dates or perhaps the instructor hasn't published the course yet.

You may also want to view the information in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10539-4212724703 

If those don't answer the question, you may need to talk to your institution. You may have thought that's what you're doing when you left the message, but you've asked this question in a global community for users of the Canvas learning management system. We do not have access to your courses or special insight into how your institution handles integration with Canvas.

Based on your email address, I would start with the Canvas Login page at Santa Monica College.

That page has a note that offers some insight.

Students: Course Access will be the FIRST official day of the class. Please allow up to 24 hours after registration to access your courses on Canvas.

Here are some possibilities:

• It's been less than 24 hours since you first signed up.
  • You enrolled in a 12 week sessions that doesn't until March 9 or a 2nd 8-week session that doesn't start until April 20, and courses won't be ready until then.
  • Individual courses may have different meeting times. I do not know how SMC handles things, but since the Spring 2020 session didn't start until February 18, perhaps your class hasn't met yet and you've not been added.
  • It may be that your instructor hasn't published the course yet. I'm not sure how that works with a course access code, though -- we don't use those at our institution, students are automatically enrolled.

There is also contact information for the college in case those items don't answer the question.

View solution in original post