cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

I am trying to embed a video from Alexander Street Videos. I'm logged in, the college should have full access to this, but for some reason I cannot find the embed code for the full video. I'm at my wits end.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello lgruende@bruinmail.slcc.edu...

I've seen this maybe once or twice in the past few years where a website doesn't appear to allow their videos to be embedded on other websites.  This may be entirely intentional on their part.  For example, a book publisher may want the students and instructors to visit their own website (maybe to gather internet traffic data?) instead of providing embed code.  This may be the case with the Alexander Street Videos, too.  However, I did a quick Google search, and I came up with the following:

Link and Embed Best Practices | Alexander Street 

Hoping this will be of help to you, Lana.  Please let the Community know by posting a reply below...either way...so that we can continue to help you if need be.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Learner II

Hi lgruende@bruinmail.slcc.edu‌! chofer@morainepark.edu‌ probably gave you the best advice. I'd add that sometimes you can right click on a video and may see an option the "Copy video link" you can use that link in the Edit/Embed media tool (available in the rich text editor toolbar) to embed the video. I just looked into this again and I did see that Alexander Street videos need to be embedded through the External-tools option on the toolbar. Have you tried that rather than going to Alexander Street directly?

306807_pastedImage_1.png

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, lgruende@bruinmail.slcc.edu...

I wanted to check in with you again because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on February 13, 2019.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback that I left you and the feedback from adarsh@fulltiltahead.com a day later?  If so, did either of our responses help to answer your question?  If so, please feel free to click the "Mark Correct" button next to either of our replies.  However, if you are still looking for some help with this question from Community members, please let us know that as well so that someone might be able to help you out.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over five months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Lana.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.