cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

I can't get "previous" and "next" to show up on the mobile app of a module that I'm linking to from a home-page.

As I am setting up my course to be easily navigated by students using mobile devices, I've run into a little snag. When I create a home page with a button that links directly to the first module in a series to be completed, on the ios app it will not show a "previous" or "next" button to move through all the pages in that set. 

But if I bypass the home page and just click "module" myself, then click the first page to be done, "previous" and "next" do appear. I can't figure out how to have the home page link to the same module but show the "previous" and "next" on the bottom. Am I the only one seeing this? My work around is to include links on each page to the previous and next pages myself, but it's laborious. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi Shad -

How are you linking the home page button to the module? Are you navigating to the module, or are you navigating to the first item in the module? I've had great luck using the Content Selector in the New Rich Content Editor and the (old)Rich Content Editor. When the button is used, it "jumps" to the header of the module, and students can click into the module where they need to. The previous and next buttons also display.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

As I've poked around here a bit more, it seems the issue is that when I link directly to the first page in a module, then it won't give the navigation. But if I link to the module page itself, it will. This will require me to unpublish all other modules so that students aren't confused as to which they are to complete. It's not ideal, but it works. I just wish I could have it link to the first page (or any page within the module) and the navigation is available from there.

Shad Anderson

Urbana Illinois Coordinator

Seminaries and Institutes of Religion

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

Another alternative to unpublishing modules it to set prerequisites. (How do I add prerequisites to a module? and How do I add requirements to a module?‌). That would allow you to have material ready and visible, yet you can control when students access it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Sounds great, thanks!

Shad Anderson

Urbana Illinois Coordinator

Seminaries and Institutes of Religion

0 Kudos
Labels