Highlighted
Community Member

I cant find my course

Jump to solution

Hello!

My class starts on the 19th and there is still no sign of it in Canvas.The only thing that shows up under courses is the student resources one. Will it show up the first day?

Mariah Autio

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi mariah.autio@gmail.com.  Based on what you have mentioned, I would guess that the course has not been published by the instructor.  Courses that are not published will not show up on the dashboard until they have been published.  You can contact Canvas Support via one of the options in the help menu (question mark icon) when you are logged in to Canvas.  Someone in support would be able to see if there is a course that has yet to be published.  You could also consider contact your school directly as someone there could verify your registration in the course and let you know the institutional process for publishing courses.  Normally, on the first day of class or close to this date, the instructor will publish the course but at my institution there have been a couple of times that this has been overlooked.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi mariah.autio@gmail.com.  Based on what you have mentioned, I would guess that the course has not been published by the instructor.  Courses that are not published will not show up on the dashboard until they have been published.  You can contact Canvas Support via one of the options in the help menu (question mark icon) when you are logged in to Canvas.  Someone in support would be able to see if there is a course that has yet to be published.  You could also consider contact your school directly as someone there could verify your registration in the course and let you know the institutional process for publishing courses.  Normally, on the first day of class or close to this date, the instructor will publish the course but at my institution there have been a couple of times that this has been overlooked.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi Mariah,

I can confirm Eric's theory that you are enrolled but that your fall 2019 course has not yet been published.

Thanks

0 Kudos