cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

I currently in a place that is in a different time zone than that of the college?

Jump to solution

I am taking an online course through my community college. I currently in a place that is in a different time zone than that of the college. If I am 3 hours behind, would all my assignments need to be due at 8:59 as opposed to 11:59?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello raabj71772@live.bucks.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  There are three different places in Canvas where the time zone can be specified.  First, your school's local Canvas administrator can set the time zone for all of your school at the "Account" level.  So, for example, based on your profile here in the Community, I see that you go to Bucks County Community College — Think Smart.  Since Pennsylvania is in the Eastern time zone, your school's local Canvas administrator can set that time zone for the entire account.  Then, instructors can also set the time zone at the "Course" level...which, in some cases, may be different than what is set at the "Account" level.  But, the more likely case is that these two settings will match.  Finally, all users (including you) can set the time zone for your Canvas profile...depending on where you live.  Check out this Guide for more information: How do I set a time zone in my user account as a student?.  Make sure to read the information at the top of this Guide in the blue box.

I know that I provided you a bit more information than you probably needed, but I hope this will help to answer your question.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions.  Thanks Jessica.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello raabj71772@live.bucks.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  There are three different places in Canvas where the time zone can be specified.  First, your school's local Canvas administrator can set the time zone for all of your school at the "Account" level.  So, for example, based on your profile here in the Community, I see that you go to Bucks County Community College — Think Smart.  Since Pennsylvania is in the Eastern time zone, your school's local Canvas administrator can set that time zone for the entire account.  Then, instructors can also set the time zone at the "Course" level...which, in some cases, may be different than what is set at the "Account" level.  But, the more likely case is that these two settings will match.  Finally, all users (including you) can set the time zone for your Canvas profile...depending on where you live.  Check out this Guide for more information: How do I set a time zone in my user account as a student?.  Make sure to read the information at the top of this Guide in the blue box.

I know that I provided you a bit more information than you probably needed, but I hope this will help to answer your question.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions.  Thanks Jessica.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you for your help!