cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
susan_rogers
Community Member

I have uploaded a module to Commons and need to edit it to make improvements. How can I add the amendments so other users can update their content?

Jump to solution

I have uploaded a  module to Commons and need to edit it to make improvements.  How can I add the amendments so other users can update their content? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @susan_rogers ...

After you have shared your module to Canvas Commons, other people can then go to Commons and import that module into their own course(s).  If you need to make any updates to that module, you can do so.  Then, there would be an opportunity for anyone who imported your module from Commons to update his/her course(s).  Here are some Guides for you to look through:

How do I share a resource to Commons? (for you)

How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas? (for others)

How do I update a resource I previously shared to Commons? (for you)

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11217-38287725365 (for others)

I hope this information will be of help to you, Susan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Member

I would recommend sharing it on Commons again.  If you know who is using it, let them know of the changes.  Also, if you can delete the other from Commons, that might help with any confusion.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @susan_rogers ...

After you have shared your module to Canvas Commons, other people can then go to Commons and import that module into their own course(s).  If you need to make any updates to that module, you can do so.  Then, there would be an opportunity for anyone who imported your module from Commons to update his/her course(s).  Here are some Guides for you to look through:

How do I share a resource to Commons? (for you)

How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas? (for others)

How do I update a resource I previously shared to Commons? (for you)

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11217-38287725365 (for others)

I hope this information will be of help to you, Susan.

View solution in original post