I'm trying to import a 2 GB course with a free account

Jump to solution
davidelm4884
Community Novice

I'm attempting to use the Common Cartridge format to migrate my class from PowerSchool and get things pretty for the next semester where my school district is now using Canvas. 

There are two problems: 

(1)  My district usually gives us access to the LMS about 1 week before classes start, I have a math class I'm migrating, and since equations don't migrate very well from PowerSchool to Canvas, I'll need a significant amount of time to clean up the content.  I'm attempting to use the free Canvas account to get the online content in good shape, which leads me to the second problem.

(2) I use a lot of diagrams for my math class, and so the file I Common Cartridge file I downloaded from PowerSchool is about 2 GB, while the upload limit for a free account is 500 MB.  And since the free accounts don't have admin access, I'm not able to change the upload limit.

I'm a teacher, so my budget is limited.  But my district will have paid subscription to Canvas, but not until a time that is later than I'd like.

What would be the path of least resistance for being able to get this file uploaded so I can get the equation cleanup done on time?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@davidelm4884 ‌

As you've noted, Free For Teachers (FFT) accounts have a storage limit of 500mb, so using a FFT account for the initial 2GB import package is not going to be a solution. Have you discussed this need with your district admin? Many eLearning departments accommodate special requests for course staging activities during the implementation and migration process. 

View solution in original post