I'm very new to Canvas and I'm not understanding the difference between a page and a module. When would each be used? Thank you!

Jump to solution
pschoenecker
Community Novice

When would I use a page versus creating a module.  It looks like there is more to a module, but I'm not sure where to put what. For example..since moving to online I want to catch people up from where we left off.  Some students are missing one thing or another and I want to talk about what needs to still be done without assigning a formal "assignment". Does that make sense? 

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @pschoenecker ...

I would suggest that you start by watching these short tutorials:

The "Modules" screen is essentially where you build out the content of your course in the order that you want...filling it with content from Pages, Discussions, Assignments, Quizzes, etc.

There are all kinds of written Guides that you can look through as well if you want to take a deeper dive into each of these tools.  From the top of any page here in the Community site, click on the "Guides" link, and then select "Canvas LMS".  Then, on the page that opens, scroll down a bit, and click on the red "INSTRUCTOR GUIDE" icon.  (Note: When you clicked on the "Guides" link at the top of the page, there you'd also find a "Videos" link...which is where videos like the ones I've posted above are located.)

I hope this information will be of help to you, Paula.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes