cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

I recorded a presentation in Conference. How do I share it with my students?

Jump to solution

When I made the recording, I didn't invite them.  The conference is now showing up for me in concluded conferences, but not for them.  Do I have to invite them to the conference for them to be able to see it later?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

daena@lclark.edu, unfortunately students have to be added before you do the conference. There is no way to add them after the fact. One of my Instrucots recently did this on accident and we used another screen recording tool (we used Arc, but you could use Camtasia, Jing, Screencast-o-matic, etc) to record the conference as a video and were then able to upload it to the course for the students. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, daena@lclark.edu...

I'm not too sure of an answer for you, and the Guides that I linked here didn't really seem to indicate how this could be done:

How do I use the Conferences Index Page?  

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12839-4152299839 

If you do not have the paid version of BigBlueButton (the interface that Conferences uses), then those recordings would only be available for 14 days.

I'm going to tag ffdixon@blindsidenetworks.com‌ in my reply in hopes that he might be able to shed some light on if you'd be able to share those recordings (at least temporarily without the paid account) with your students.

Good luck, Daena.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks so much!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

daena@lclark.edu, unfortunately students have to be added before you do the conference. There is no way to add them after the fact. One of my Instrucots recently did this on accident and we used another screen recording tool (we used Arc, but you could use Camtasia, Jing, Screencast-o-matic, etc) to record the conference as a video and were then able to upload it to the course for the students. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you! It sounds as though if I re-record the presentation with

students invited to the conference, they should be able to see the

recording when the conference is concluded. It's a short presentation so

I'll give that a try.

Daena

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 6:27 AM kona@richland.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

0 Kudos
Labels