cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Icon (hover note) for assignments that don't count

In the original Gradebook, when a user hovers their mouse over an assignment that does not get counted in the final grade, a tool tip would appear indicating as such:

299183_tool-tip.png

Having the tool tip appear on hover is a quick and easy way for instructors to see whether or not the column is included in the grade calculations.

It was brought to my attention today that the tool tip is no longer a feature in the New Gradebook. I know instructors can click in a cell and see whether or not the column is included in the grade calculations, but I just wanted to double check to make sure I wasn't missing something - or that this tool tip can be found elsewhere in the New Gradebook.

Many thanks,

Rosie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Rosie!

The New Gradebook is built using functionality that does not support tooltips, which is why the team has been putting functionality in the assignment menus instead. However, we don't know how many people use the option to remove an assignment from the total grade, so this feature hasn't been included in the New Gradebook—yet.

You could create a new feature idea in the Ideas‌ space and recommend we add an indicator in the assignments menu. Or, I found an interesting feature idea that you may be interested in voting on, which may be a solution if enough people show our product team it requires further consideration:https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/14238-option-to-exclude-do-not-count-this-assignment-towards-t....

Hope that helps!

Erin

0 Kudos
Labels