cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Identify Assignments with Moderated marking enabled

Hi

Has anyone discovered a means by which assignments set up for moderation can be identified using Canvas data or the API?

Checking the documentation and an unable to find something that can accurately identify such a configuration

Thanks in advance

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

p.b.rothwell@ljmu.ac.uk,

Because this question is more technical in nature, I am going to share it with the Canvas Admins‌ group,  Canvas Developers‌ group and the Big Data group .  You may also want to explore the Canvas Data area as well.

Robbie

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi - we had exactly this problem! We 'hid' the moderated grading option, but then realised when staff imported assignments from last year it would be ticked but hidden.

From what I could find out there isn't an endpoint specifically to list all assignments that use it. There is an end point which enables you to get all students selected for moderated grading and then you have to cross check against assignments which have 1+ students on the first list attached to it. 

Our IT dept managed to run a report which enabled us to pick up quite a few of them, but we are still finding more... 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi p.b.rothwell@ljmu.ac.uk,

Thought I would check in and see if natalie.norton1@winchester.ac.uk's experience might have been able to point you in a direction to help you identify assignments set up for moderation? 

Looking forward to hearing how you got on with this.

Cheers,
Stuart

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, p.b.rothwell@ljmu.ac.uk...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  While I don't really have an answer for you myself, I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since your first posted this question on November 30, 2017.  (It looks like stuart.ryan@collaborative.education also checked in with you on December 17, 2017.)  Have you had an opportunity to review the replies that you've received so far?  If so, did any of them help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some assistance from members of the Community?  If you feel that one of the above replies has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for help, please come back to this topic to post a message below so that someone might be able to assist you.  For now, am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Phillip.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels