cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Identifying who deleted content in a course

Jump to solution

Hi, In a Canvas course with multiple teachers/designers is it possible to see who made what changes when to a particular course? For instance. Who deleted those beautiful modules I have been working on?

(Edited to incorporate title question into body. Original title was "Hi, In a Canvas course with multiple teachers/designers is it possible to see who made what changes when to a particular course?")

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

If you have Admin rights then you could go through the page views of the possible suspects to see who it might have been. Otherwise what we do is contact Canvas Support. They've been able to tell us exactly who did deleted stuff and when. Ah the joys of team taught/built courses. 😉

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

If you have Admin rights then you could go through the page views of the possible suspects to see who it might have been. Otherwise what we do is contact Canvas Support. They've been able to tell us exactly who did deleted stuff and when. Ah the joys of team taught/built courses. 😉

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This has happened to us MULTIPLE times. Its a headache. haha. But yes! Canvas Support rescues the day when being able to see who last touched the course and erased all the hard work. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Learner II

I so wish there were a way for instructors to find this out, so they didn't have to involve local support or Canvas support.  😜

Highlighted

As the instructor, I believe you can look at the access reports yourself and see when the other instructors were on a certain page. It involves going to each of their accounts, but its not very time consuming. It doesn't tell you if they took an action- like hit the delete button- but you can pretty much surmise from who was the last person on the page.

It's happened to instructors in my school more than once. One good thing is that regardless of who deleted it, your admins should be able to restore the content from the test instance fairly easily.