cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sierra_chhoeung
Community Member

If I delete an email from my school email is there a way to see it again?

Jump to solution

deleted emails 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @sierra_chhoeung  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  For clarification, are you asking about a message that you used to be able to access in your Canvas Inbox (which is NOT e-mail), or are you referring to your school e-mail account you would access through something like Microsoft Outlook?  If you are looking to retrieve a message that was deleted through the Canvas Inbox, you may need to contact the Canvas Help Desk staff by clicking on the "Help" icon on the left hand global navigation menu of your school's Canvas environment.  (How do I get help with Canvas as a student? or How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?)  There should be a link or two that would put you in contact with the Help Desk staff.  If, however, you are asking about your school e-mail address, you may need to reach out to the IT department at your school to see if there is any way to retrieve it.  They may do daily backups in the evening, for example.  I hope this information is helpful to you, Sierra.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @sierra_chhoeung  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  For clarification, are you asking about a message that you used to be able to access in your Canvas Inbox (which is NOT e-mail), or are you referring to your school e-mail account you would access through something like Microsoft Outlook?  If you are looking to retrieve a message that was deleted through the Canvas Inbox, you may need to contact the Canvas Help Desk staff by clicking on the "Help" icon on the left hand global navigation menu of your school's Canvas environment.  (How do I get help with Canvas as a student? or How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?)  There should be a link or two that would put you in contact with the Help Desk staff.  If, however, you are asking about your school e-mail address, you may need to reach out to the IT department at your school to see if there is any way to retrieve it.  They may do daily backups in the evening, for example.  I hope this information is helpful to you, Sierra.

View solution in original post