cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jling
Surveyor

If you leave assignments ungraded, will they continue to appear on the student's to-do list?

Jump to solution

I am receiving assignments from students that need follow up with parents and such (permission forms, etc) and I want to have them stay on the student's to-do list until I resolve the issue and/or they resubmit more information.  If I leave the item ungraded, will it remain on the students to-do list, and will they be able to go back into the assignment and resubmit missing info?  This particular assignment, I've assigned 0 points to as it's not really "content" assessment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jling , I just checked this with my own class/students and as soon as the student submits their assignment that assignment is removed from their to-do list. The removal has nothing to do with the assignment being graded or not graded (it only has to do with them submitting "something" to the assignment), so no, not grading an assignment with not make it continue to show up on student's to-do list.

Hope you find this information helpful!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jling , I just checked this with my own class/students and as soon as the student submits their assignment that assignment is removed from their to-do list. The removal has nothing to do with the assignment being graded or not graded (it only has to do with them submitting "something" to the assignment), so no, not grading an assignment with not make it continue to show up on student's to-do list.

Hope you find this information helpful!

View solution in original post

Thank you Kona, very helpful!  So, my next question then is, if a student turns something in, but we want them to re-do it, how do we in essence re-assign that assignment so that it pops back up on their to-do list?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is add a comment to the assignment letting the student know and/or send them a message <-- I normally do both.

There was a feature idea for what you are wanting - - but it was archived because Instructure responded (back in Feb) that it would be more than six months before they could possibly get to this. My recommendation is to comment on this idea and follow it so you'll be alerted to future updates.

Thank you, I will definitely comment on the post you shared!