cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apelt
Surveyor

Image width and new interface

Jump to solution

My university recently switched to the new interface, and now images that are coded to fill 100% of the screen don't automatically resize when you hide the course navigation menu. (See below for an illustration.) Anyone know of a fix for this? (Apologies if this topic has been addressed elsewhere; I looked but couldn't find it.)

With the course navigation menu visible:

Full.PNG

With the course navigation menu closed:

Hamburger.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@apelt ​...

When your images are set to 100% in your HTML code, they will not resize when you turn the left navigation menu on/off.  The image(s) are filling 100% of the available space on the screen.  The first image shows your "English" graphic, and that is most likely the original size of the image before you inserted it into the course page.  And, the images below it are shrinking just a bit to fit 100% of the screen.  I could be wrong, but it seems to me that when you have the left menu showing, it's basically using the available white space on your monitor to display the graphics at 100% of the available screen width.  So, because you have chosen to hide the left menu, it's now using the extra white space available on the page to display the graphics...which means that your "English" image may not be the exact same size as your other images below it.  I hope this information is helpful to you, April.  I probably didn't word it real well, but I believe this is essentially what is going on with your images.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@apelt ​...

When your images are set to 100% in your HTML code, they will not resize when you turn the left navigation menu on/off.  The image(s) are filling 100% of the available space on the screen.  The first image shows your "English" graphic, and that is most likely the original size of the image before you inserted it into the course page.  And, the images below it are shrinking just a bit to fit 100% of the screen.  I could be wrong, but it seems to me that when you have the left menu showing, it's basically using the available white space on your monitor to display the graphics at 100% of the available screen width.  So, because you have chosen to hide the left menu, it's now using the extra white space available on the page to display the graphics...which means that your "English" image may not be the exact same size as your other images below it.  I hope this information is helpful to you, April.  I probably didn't word it real well, but I believe this is essentially what is going on with your images.

View solution in original post

Thanks, Chris!