cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Images for canvas not showing up when I take a quiz on safari

Hello all,

As by the title, you can guess what my problem is. This problem started early spring semester of this year. I'm not sure what happened that made it bug. The pictures show up perfectly fine on google chrome, just not safari. They even show up on my phone's safari. I'll provide an image of the problem. Maybe one the canvas gurus can guide me on figuring out this annoying bug. 

It does this for each class quiz or test that has photos.It does this for each class quiz or test that has photos.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

The problem is with Safari and a security setting Apple introduced 9 months ago to block cross site scripting.  The best solution is to not use Safari (and I am a Mac user saying this).  If someone really does want to use Safari though something that will help is to go to Safari, Preferences, Privacy, and uncheck the box for Prevent cross-site tracking.  We've found that making that change should fix the issue with images not displaying in Safari.

347613_pastedImage_1.png

Rick

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Rick, I tried that solution by looking at different forums, and frankly, it didn't work. for some images? Do you have any other solutions that may help?

Also, I have an AD Blocker, could that also be affecting the images on Safari?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor II

@abahena  The issue in Safari is related to CORS security on cached images. Your option is to open a private/anonymous Safari window, so the quiz images are not cached, and the images will load the first time. Or, to go into the Inspect Element dev environment, find the image src in the HTML and add a "/" character to the end of the src path to make Safari think the source is a directory and not a cached file. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I have had the same issue with Safari.  The solution I found was to have the student download the Google Chrome app and access Canvas through that browser.  It worked without difficulty.

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels