cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrigsby
Community Member

Images not Posting on Canvas Quizzes

Jump to solution

When creating a geometry quiz on Canvas some of my images which originally showed up no longer do.  It seems like there might be a maximum number of images we're allowed to post.  Is there a way I can get these images to show back up? Also, if there is a maximum number of images allowed, is there a way to extend this? I've talked to other teachers who also have this issue as well.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jrigsby  Welcome to the Canvas Community website.  Other Canvas users have been posting similar questions to yours, so I'm going to direct you to a couple previous topics:

Broken Images After Uploading 

https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/21091-images-embedded-in-pages-disappearreappear-at-random 

I also reported similar behavior yesterday to Canvas tech support, and they told me the solution, for now, is to clear your browser cache, and then try re-loading the page.  They are aware of the issue and are trying to get it fixed as soon as possible.

I hope this helps, Jayson.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jrigsby  Welcome to the Canvas Community website.  Other Canvas users have been posting similar questions to yours, so I'm going to direct you to a couple previous topics:

Broken Images After Uploading 

https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/21091-images-embedded-in-pages-disappearreappear-at-random 

I also reported similar behavior yesterday to Canvas tech support, and they told me the solution, for now, is to clear your browser cache, and then try re-loading the page.  They are aware of the issue and are trying to get it fixed as soon as possible.

I hope this helps, Jayson.

View solution in original post

Hi Jayson,

My experience has been that clearing the browser cache only works for a short time. Others have reported the same Smiley Sad 

I emailed Canvas to check on the status of my ticket about this issue. Here is the 12/17/17 response:

Thank you for checking in. Our engineers are still working on this case. We do not have additional updates at this time. This ticket is still on our radar. You will be notified once we have more information.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thank you,
Canvas Support
support@instructure.com

ref:_00DA0Ibsk._500A0ZCw5V:ref

I would ask that anyone who is also experiencing this problem to PLEASE submit an official Support Request to Canvas (and maybe also reference the number above?). With so many instructors likely 'on break' right now, I worry that some may not discover the problem until much closer to semester start time (so are not reporting it). My hope is that more official requests now may = more techs working on it, and may head off potential panic later. If this remains unresolved at the start of the new semester, it will be a real problem for anyone who (like me) uses embedded images with hyperlinks for course navigation and/or embeds images in quizzes. 

We have submitted a ticket but got 'haven't seen that before we will have to look'.  We have definitely had it happen on pages and quizzes and they sometimes reappear without clearing your cache.  Very strange.  

The initial email response I received from Canvas Support was somewhat generic (clear cache, try different computer, etc.). Sadly, the suggestions provided did not resolve the problem. After I replied to that initial support email by sending links to the variety of recent community conversations associated with disappearing images, a notification of the issue was sent on to engineers. You might try sending them the reference# I posted above - so that the support staff is away of the scope of the issue? Stefanie Sanders has also indicated that doing so could be helpful to support staff in narrowing down the problem.

I added the reference number.  Hope it helps.  My ticket now says it is owned by the Panda Parking Lot.   Doesn't exactly make me think it will get attention.

kimberly_smith1
Explorer III

Many thanks to those who are providing their case numbers here and/or including them in their official support requests to Canvas. Here are some of the case numbers we have so far: #02672254, #02675969, #02687703. #02667582, #02676804, # 02688690, #02696853. The idea is that Canvas will then be more aware of both the urgency and scope of this problem. Here are a few links to other recent conversations associated with this issue. Here are just some of the links to other conversations about this - which we might also want to include in our support requests? 

With so many instructors likely 'on break' right now, I worry that some may not discover the problem until much closer to semester start time (so are not reporting it). My hope is that more official requests now may = more techs working on it, and may head off potential panic later. If this remains unresolved at the start of the new semester, it will be a real problem for anyone who (like me) uses embedded images with hyperlinks for course navigation and/or embeds images in quizzes. 

Mine is #02676804

Here's my case number: 02688690

+1. Case #02696853.  The same reply more or less.