cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrigsby
Community Member

Images not Posting on Canvas Quizzes

Jump to solution

When creating a geometry quiz on Canvas some of my images which originally showed up no longer do.  It seems like there might be a maximum number of images we're allowed to post.  Is there a way I can get these images to show back up? Also, if there is a maximum number of images allowed, is there a way to extend this? I've talked to other teachers who also have this issue as well.

14 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @jrigsby ...

I have been reviewing older question here in the Canvas Community, and I came across yours.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on December 16, 2017.  It looks like you've received some feedback here (including others who had also been experiencing something similar at the time).  Has this issue been resolved for you?  Are you still seeing broken images in your courses?  If there is a response above that has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please come back to this thread to post an update below so that someone might be able to assist you.  I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since December 28, 2017.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Jayson.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

jrigsby
Community Member

Thanks Chris,

I appreciate the feedback and the follow-ups. Everything seems to be running smoothly now.

Jayson Rigsby

cayres
Surveyor

I have been having troubles with this issue since fall.  I was told I was putting the images in incorrectly.  So they instructed me on the correct way to load images.  That's what I had done.  Then they told me that wasn't the correct way, I needed to do it this other way.  So I put all my images in again doing the second procedure.  That didn't work.  So they told me a third way.  Still didn't work.  I gave up for my fall classes.  Spring classes: I reloaded all my images the third way again and still image issues.  They told me it was a course copy issue and now it would work.  Still images issues.  I have had several ticket numbers.  The latest is: Case #02836023.  The real problem is some students can see them.  Some can't...and it's not a browser issue or cache or cookies issue.  Now I'm preparing for summer term and I'm not sure what I should do.  Just eliminate all images?  I teach music appreciation, so the images of the instruments are somewhat important.  I'm willing to try anything to help my students be successful.  So any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Hello cayres . 

I sympathize with your frustration with not being able to get this resolved. I had this same issue crop up (once again) during my Spring semester. Even though this is an ongoing problem, Canvas does not seem to have found a permanent fix yet. Added to this is that it seems many of those on the Level 1 Help Team seem to not be fully aware of the scope of this problem (e.g. often thinking the problem is on the user end, and sending responses like "clear cache, change browser, change network", etc.). I am going to copy/paste a post made by  @kenneth_rogers  on Feb. 24th, 2018 at https://community.canvaslms.com/message/97114-re-disappearing-graphics?commentID=97114#comment-97114 which you might find helpful. His post provided links to a number of other postings on this issue. When you follow up on your Case #02836023, you may want to include some of the other case numbers and information/links - so that they understand this is not a user issue. I hope this helps.

Here is Kenneth's post:

As you noted, the images "disappearing" problem is a known issue that has been ongoing for awhile. To my knowledge, it has not been resolved. I actually experienced the problem about a week ago. Also, it has been documented at length throughout the community:

Images sometimes appearing as broken, sometimes not 

Images showing intermittently 

Images not Posting on Canvas Quizzes 

Images embedded in Pages disappear/reappear at random? 

Why are my jpeg images disappearing?!!! 

What is happening with my images disappearing? 

The common theme in all of these has been to submit a support ticket to Canvas to ensure this has been documented. This has obviously been a very complex problem related to a browser's cache that is hard to nail down, or else I'm sure it would have quickly been fixed. Some of the conversations above have mentions of other individual's case numbers in the event you would like to reference them. This will most likely help Canvas out a ton.

kimberly_ellis
Instructure
Instructure

As of today, images are still not showing in some of my courses. 

Canvas' response is below:

292984_Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 1.49.12 PM.png