Images not showing

Jump to solution
rdimatteo948
Community Novice

Students cannot see the images that are in the assignment post - they only see text and a small box with a ? mark instead of the image. Why is this. I see everything on my Instructor version as well as when I go to student view.

Thanks

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @rdimatteo948  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  When you added these images to your assignment, did you copy/paste them from a similar assignment in a different course that you have access to?  If so, those links in the current course might be pointing to the other course.  Since you would have access to both courses, it would maybe make sense that you can see them from your end, but your students cannot.  If it's the case that you did copy/paste images, you would want to ensure that those images are stored in the "Files" area of your current course, and then re-add them to your assignment so that the links to those images are pointing to the correct course instead of the other course.  Check out these Guides for more info:

How do I embed images from Canvas into the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?

How do I insert course images into the Rich Content Editor using the Content Selector as an instruct...

I hope these Guides will be of help to you, Robert.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post