Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Images showing intermittently

Jump to solution

I kept thinking that my professor (of the course I am assisting with designing) didn't like his picture so was deleting it. It's been driving me crazy. However, the image was still in Files but the link was broken. I'd upload the image again (even once made it a much smaller file size) and relink to the page. However, it's just that some moments when you load a page... the images will show and sometimes they won't.

Primarily I work in Firefox (Windows) so I haven't really noticed or try to notice if it happens in Chrome too.

Anyone else having issues with images showing/not showing whenever they want to do so?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
25 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Yes this is happening to others.  It definitely happens in Chrome and IE as well.  I suggest you turn in a case to Canvas Support.  Every report helps them define the scope of the issue and you will get notified when it is corrected.  

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thanks tross‌. I encountered the same issue in Chrome as well. 😕

Highlighted
Community Member

Yea, just started happening to my course as well in both browsers.

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu‌ has done everyone a favor by creating a list of other discussions with this general issue within this thread: (very) odd embedded image behavior .  Frankly, this makes me wonder why on earth it has not appeared by now on the Known Issues site.  How many cases need to be filed before something's a known issue?!?  I realize it seems to be hit or miss for many people, but it's definitely becoming an issue for lots of folks.

Highlighted

I believe the issue started after the December 9 release update probably has to do with the an API call that got changed by mistake.

Highlighted

Ken

I had no idea about the  Known Issues site. Signing up now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

The same disappearing images started happening in a Canvas course that is currently under construction. The only fix I found was to clear the cache. Unfortunately, this is only a temporary fix... the images will start disappearing again over time.

Highlighted
Community Member

My colleague told me that to clear my cache, just as @James Little postes...a temporary fix.

Highlighted
Community Member

262945_image001.png

The image requests to S3 are returning 403 errors. This is the error message in the web response from Amazon S3. 

Labels