Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hshoemake
Community Member

Implementing a Badging Initiative

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone!

At the University of Mississippi Medical Center, we are looking to implement badges using Canvabadges.  Ideally we would like to create a catalog of approved badges that have been designed by our marketing department and approved by an oversight committee.  So far I have been unable to find anyway to restrict unauthorized users from creating and issuing badges.  It seems anyone with a Twitter account can activate the API and create/award badges as they wish.  Has anyone done anything similar at their institution and if so, would you be willing to share how your approach?  Thank you in advance for your time!!   

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @hshoemake ​

I was hoping you might find someone in the Community that has implemented a similar approach, but we just haven't seen it yet.

There are a couple awesome resources that you might want to check out.  You can then reach out to some of the experts in these resources.

Badges for Learning

Challenge Accepted - Using Canvas and CanvaBadges for Gamification, Badging and Virtual Professional... 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @hshoemake , I wanted to let you know that while I don't have an answer for you, I've shared your question with someone who might be able to help, so stay tuned!

Thank you so much for your assistance Stefanie!!  I greatly appreciate your help!!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @hshoemake ​

I was hoping you might find someone in the Community that has implemented a similar approach, but we just haven't seen it yet.

There are a couple awesome resources that you might want to check out.  You can then reach out to some of the experts in these resources.

Badges for Learning

Challenge Accepted - Using Canvas and CanvaBadges for Gamification, Badging and Virtual Professional... 

View solution in original post

Thank you so much Deactivated user

I greatly appreciate your help.  I will definitely check out the resources you provided!!