cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Import course content button?

Jump to solution

Why is the "Import course content" button (or any of the import/export buttons for that matter) not visible on my Course Settings Sidebar?  

310134_Screenshot 2019-04-18 13.32.53.png

Here is a shot from the Canvas Guide about the Course Import Tool: 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, dpier@stjohnschs.org Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Based on your screen shot that you posted in your original message, the "Import Course Content" page does not appear on your course "Home" page.  Take a look at How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?.  You'll find the button via your course "Settings" screen.  However, if you still cannot find this button in your course, then it may be the case that the local Canvas administrators at your school have turned off the permission for you, as an instructor, to import course content from one course to another.  (By the way, this wouldn't just apply to you...it would apply to all instructors at your school.)  So, if you are still unable to find this button, I would highly recommend that you reach out to your school's Online Learning (or a similar name) department and speak to your local Canvas administrator to see what policies they have in place.  Sorry I cannot be of more help, but that's where I would start.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Surveyor

The Canvas guide screenshot doesn't seem to appear in my post. Here it is: 

When Would I Use the Course Import Tool?

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, dpier@stjohnschs.org Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Based on your screen shot that you posted in your original message, the "Import Course Content" page does not appear on your course "Home" page.  Take a look at How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?.  You'll find the button via your course "Settings" screen.  However, if you still cannot find this button in your course, then it may be the case that the local Canvas administrators at your school have turned off the permission for you, as an instructor, to import course content from one course to another.  (By the way, this wouldn't just apply to you...it would apply to all instructors at your school.)  So, if you are still unable to find this button, I would highly recommend that you reach out to your school's Online Learning (or a similar name) department and speak to your local Canvas administrator to see what policies they have in place.  Sorry I cannot be of more help, but that's where I would start.

View solution in original post

Found it!! Thanks so much.

Dan