cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssynan
Surveyor II

Import from Canvas options limited for Instructors

Is there any way to make the selection for the course the instructor would like to import from scroll enabled so the instructor could see back for multiple years if they choose?  We teach some courses only once every 2 years or so and an instructor who teaches many courses can't just click twice and find the course they want to import.  They have to export from all courses then grab it from the download.  Being able to scroll down would be a simple fix.

4 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Sharon,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the course selection for import not scrolling.  I may be in a different part of the interface than you are describing but this is what I'm seeing:

instructor course import process

ssynan
Surveyor II

Scott,

Thank you for the reply.  I can see what you are seeing as an administrator. But when I masquerade as the instructor he can only see his previous courses and he can't scroll down.  (?) We are still new to Canvas so........

Oh, that makes sense.  I see what you mean:

To answer your original question I don't think you can currently have the import menu scroll for instructors.  If you would like to submit a feature idea for voting, please click on Ideas in the global nav and then on "Priorities & Ideas."  For more information on why we encourage people to submit and vote on feature ideas please read more here.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @ssynan ...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since June 3, 2019.  I see that you had a conversation with  @scottdennis ‌ at that time.  Do you feel that your question has been answered?  If so, please feel free to mark one of the above responses (including your own) as "Correct".  But, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please let us know that as well by posting a note below.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for six months.  However, that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Sharon.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.