cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Import question/ question bank into account-level bank?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to import or move a question or question bank into an account-level question bank? I am an account admin and have several question banks already created and would love to be able to import those easily.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Hi @joey.barker@ucps.k12.nc.us

You can move a question from one question bank to another only in they belong to the same account.

But if you want to move a whole question bank from one account to another you can go to Settings > Import content > select the course where is located your question bank > click on "select content" > question banks

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rosalie

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Community Member

Hi @joey.barker@ucps.k12.nc.us

You can move a question from one question bank to another only in they belong to the same account.

But if you want to move a whole question bank from one account to another you can go to Settings > Import content > select the course where is located your question bank > click on "select content" > question banks

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rosalie

View solution in original post

Thanks for your feedback and it is helpful. I see that you can import banks for individual courses through settings, but I am not seeing any similar options for an account-level bank. My school system has each school in its own account and then all of the teachers and courses are in that account. I was hoping that teachers could create question banks for their various courses, and then I could import the questions at the account level that any teacher in that account (school), could pull down. Is that a possibility?

As far as I know, is not possible to move a question bank from an account level to another account. In fact a similar idea was open for voting but at the end it was archived Allow the importing of questions into Account level question banks.

But if you want teachers being able to pull questions from a question bank from a different course, you can achieve that by playing with permissions.

There are two permissions related to question banks.

1. Manage (add / edit / delete) assignments and quizzes
    • Allows user to add, edit, delete, and publish/unpublish assignments and quizzes.
    • Allows user to manage assignment settings.
    • Determines visibility and management of the Question Banks account navigation link.
  2. View and link to question banks
    • Allows user to view and link questions in a quiz to account level question banks. If disabled, user will only be able to view and link to course question banks.

PS: You can find this information in the Canvas Account Role permissions.

From my point of view, I would go for the second option.

171403_pastedImage_17.png

Hope this helps.

Rosalie

Community Member

If you'd like to see this feature in Canvas, please add a comment to this feature idea and vote for it here: