cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Import size limitation on a free teacher account

Jump to solution

My school/district does not have a canvas administrator and I am using a free account. A colleague has shared their courses, but both are over the 250 Mb limit (one is 253, the other is 297). Is there a way to get these imported w/o an administrator override?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

keri.phipps@hcisd.org, I can't think of a way to do this with a free account other than seeing if maybe your colleague could separate out the course into 2-3 files. You could then upload the content into multiple courses. As a workaround, you could then copy the biggest course (so one with a lot of files or media) into a new course. Doing this should zero out the course usage space for that course (the new course copy) and then allow you to copy in additional content. It's kind of a hack, but I've been able to get it to work for other courses.

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

keri.phipps@hcisd.org, I can't think of a way to do this with a free account other than seeing if maybe your colleague could separate out the course into 2-3 files. You could then upload the content into multiple courses. As a workaround, you could then copy the biggest course (so one with a lot of files or media) into a new course. Doing this should zero out the course usage space for that course (the new course copy) and then allow you to copy in additional content. It's kind of a hack, but I've been able to get it to work for other courses.

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Labels