cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Importing Quizzes/Tests from ExamView

I use ExamView to build tests/quizzes because I have lots of my test banks there.  This year my school purchased the latest version that allows you to export your test/quiz directly into Canvas.  I used it once already for my Ch. 1 Quiz it worked beautifully (although I do not like how Canvas does matching sections- different topic).  Now I am ready to put in my Ch. 2 Quiz in but when I got to import it into Canvas the questions for Ch. 2 were put into the Ch. 1 Quiz and the Ch. 1 Quiz questions were deleted.  At first I thought not a big deal while annoying we already took the Ch. 1 Quiz so I guess I don't need those questions in there again.  Then I realized the real problem is that Canvas thinks my students have already taken the quiz.  

The files are named completely different things so I'm not sure why this is happening and while I could copy and paste the questions into a new Canvas quiz I create I think that defeats the purpose and is an inefficient use of my time.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Renae,

I have not specifically used the Examview interface for moving quizzes to Canvas, but I know that when you import content there is usually an option to set the Default Question Bank.  Did you try telling it to Create New Question Bank for Chapter 2 and then name that bank differently? I also think you want to leave unchecked the Overwrite assessment content with matching IDs.

289017_pastedImage_2.png

Having shared those ideas; I think you might want to check with Canvas Support by clicking the Help button on the left side of your Canvas instance.  They can possibly restore things to before your import and can maybe take a closer look to see exactly what happened.  

Rick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion but when I upload my quiz/test into Canvas there

is no options at all given. I just upload a Canvas Course Export Package

and it automatically unzips the file into the Quizzes section. I am going

to check with Canvas support.

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018, 6:36 PM rmurchshafer@unomaha.edu <

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

rstoudt@bishopchatard.org,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Highlighted
Community Member

I got it figured out, thanks for asking!

Renae Stoudt

AP Psychology, Economics, and AP Macroeconomic Teacher

Social Studies Department Chair

Bishop Chatard High School

rstoudt@bishopchatard.org

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 10:04 AM rogrant@nmsu.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

Labels