cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmccoach
Community Member

Importing SCORM Files Using Canvas Open-Source Community Version

I am using a version of Canvas Open Source hosted locally and I am trying to enable SCORM LTI so that I can upload, and use/view SCORM content through Canvas. 

I have created a test course and tried to go and add our existing content (the aforementioned SCORM files)(see below). 

305757_pastedImage_1.png

However, when I go to try and import the files, the dropdown menu (see below) does not have a SCORM option305758_pastedImage_2.png

How do I go about enabling this functionality so that I can properly import my SCORM files?

How do I import SCORM files as an assignment?  

The above official FAQ doc does not explain how to enable SCORM LTI in External Apps to allow SCORM content to be imported and visible locally

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9968-415241385 

This official document, I have tried but the expanded files are not visible locally and does not connect properly to Canvas via the localhost.

Thank you for any and all assistance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@wmccoach , I'm not that knowledgeable about this area of Canvas, but I remembered the following conversation - https://community.canvaslms.com/message/70276-re-does-the-community-edition-have-scorm-capability 

I hope it's to some use to you!

Kona

dehrlich1
Community Member

Hello, I have that same question.  I have a Course I want to import.  It is a SCORM .zip and I can not figure this out. Thank you for any help.

rickm2
Community Member

When I create a scorm package using adobe captivate I sometimes have a problem with importing it if the settings in Adobe Captivate are not correct.  It will still allow me to make a scorm zip file, but there is something inside that zip file that canvas doesnt like.  

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @wmccoach ...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on January 31, 2019.  It looks like you've received some feedback from  @kona , dehrlich, and  @rickm2 .  Have you had an opportunity to review these comments?  If so, did anyone help to answer your question?  If so, please feel free to click the "Mark Correct" button next to his/her response.  However, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please let us know that as well by posting a comment below letting us know how we might be abl to help you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over six months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, John.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

jkramer3
Community Member

I still have the same problem as John described. Smiley Sad I have posted my question inside the Canvas using the "Help" button. So far, I haven't heard any response.