cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ginger_england
Community Member

Importing and exporting questions via csv

Jump to solution

I would like to be able to import questions from csv files and export questions to csv files.  Does Canvas have this capability?   This would help me as I help teachers import their test questions and back them up to a more universal format.

In addition, teachers are leery about using new software because their school systems change software frequently.  Teachers want to feel confident that they are going to have a simple way to move what they have created from one system to another.  I would be better able to promote the use of Canvas if it had a very simple import and export functionality. 

Thanks for your help!!! 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ginger_england ​, the best way that I know how to do this is using Respondus (third party software). I did a check of feature ideas and found a similar idea that is under consideration - - and you might want to read through the comments on that idea and add your own feedback on why being able to do this directly from .csv would be so helpful/useful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ginger_england ​, the best way that I know how to do this is using Respondus (third party software). I did a check of feature ideas and found a similar idea that is under consideration - - and you might want to read through the comments on that idea and add your own feedback on why being able to do this directly from .csv would be so helpful/useful.

View solution in original post

Thanks Kona!  I have been using Respondus and am glad to know I have been using the best method thus far.  I will review the idea that is under consideration.