Importing existing quiz questions into a new Question Bank

Jump to solution
gmacg
Community Member

Hello,

During the past three years, I have generated a lot of independent quizzes simply by typing questions and answers to generate an individual quiz. How can I import these into a new Question Bank ? Doing so will allow me to edit the questions within a centralized bank and allow me to transfer these questions to multiple different quizzes without having to copy and paste, or edit multiple versions of the same question in different quizzes.

I really hope the answer is not going to be 'Sorry, that capability is not currently available. Unfortunately, the only current option is to copy and paste each of your existing quizzes into a new question bank.'

Thanks.

Grant

1 Solution
scunningham1
Community Contributor

This has been asked previously here How to add questions from a quiz to a question bank? 

The method used to get question banks created would be to create a quiz export where the quizzes reside, then import that newly created export .zip file back into the course. Choose the "QTI .zip file" when picking an import type.  This will most likely duplicate the quiz, but you can deleted the duplicated quiz and keep the question bank.  In addition, since there are quizzes that already exist within the course I would suggest selecting: "Overwrite assessment content with matching IDs".

I would also recommend testing this in either your test or beta environment or in a development course.

For information on How do I export quiz content from my course? click on the link.

What is the Course Import Tool?

View solution in original post