cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Importing one cavas site to another

Jump to solution

I have a CANVAS Dev site (I'm new to CANVAS), and I did everything in it.  Now I want to move all my content to my "regular" site where my students will be.  I tried to import it, but when I went to the "regular" site nothing was there!  Class begins on the 11th and I'm really freaking out.  How do I put my material from my Dev course into the regular one.  When I tried importing this was the message I got:

Course Copy
Feb 6 at 8:52pm
completed. 
I will admit nothing in my dev course is published.  Is that the problem?  Someone help me! 
Lorraine Ramsey
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

When you go to the "regular" course.  CLick settings, and select Import.  When you select that, you will see a drop-down where you can select where you want to pull it from.  Click the dropdown and select "Copy a Canvas Course".  You will then be able to start typing in the box or click and see a dropdown to import that course.

Check out this resource! https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13035-4152239683 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Member

When you go to the "regular" course.  CLick settings, and select Import.  When you select that, you will see a drop-down where you can select where you want to pull it from.  Click the dropdown and select "Copy a Canvas Course".  You will then be able to start typing in the box or click and see a dropdown to import that course.

Check out this resource! https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13035-4152239683 

View solution in original post

Lamplighter II

Hi lramsey@deltacollege.edu!  I agree with ddick@wcc.vccs.edu on how to import your content into your new shell, however, I am wondering why you don't see any of the content that you created.  I would suggest you contact your Canvas Admin if you can't see anything in the course where you were working or if nothing came over to the new course when you did the import.