cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glparker
Adventurer

In Canvas Commons Sharing, How are the SubAccounts shown?

Hello,

I'm looking at Canvas Commons, really interested in the ability to share content and limit it to one or more SubAccounts, great for setting up and sharing course templates.

However, when I look at the list of SubAccounts to share with, I count only 107 options on my page, 106 + the "All SubAccounts" option.   However, I have more than 414 subaccounts available to my institution (Campus, College, Department).  It appears I'm bumping into some display limits.   Does anyone know how that display limit is considered?   It it just random based on the first 106 that are returned by the API? 

Is there a way to override the display limit?   If not, how about forcing a particular   order to the ones display so I can influence what is shown to my faculty.

Thanks ,Glen

Tags (2)
3 Replies
tdelillo
Community Member

I don't have an answer to your question about display limits or order, but I have noticed that our faculty only see the subaccounts that they are users in. We don't have an elaborate subaccount hierarchy, but I do know that whereas I see a listing of every subaccount when I share to Commons (because I'm a top-level admin), when I masquerade as a teacher at one of our colleges, the only subaccounts I see are the one for that college and one other. I'm not 100% sure how the users end up associated with the subaccounts, frankly, but I would recommend masquerading as a teacher and seeing if they only see their department/college/campus as options.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@glparker ​, were you ever able to figure out the answer to this question or is it still a problem? Have you submitted the problem to Canvas Support?

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@glparker ​, since we haven't heard back from you, we're going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered." The question remains open for participation, so if you still need help with this, please feel free to post a follow-up comment to "bump" the discussion.