cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Inbox reading pane

The entire message will not appear on the reading pane in the Inbox feature without scrolling right and left. It is not a font or browser issue, it behaves this way on all three different browsers I have tried. Is this a program issue or is this set by the Administrators?

3 Replies
Community Team
Community Team

ymaurie@iue.edu​, I am seeing this behavior as well--although I note that when I made the browser full screen, I was able to see the entire message without having to use the horizontal scroll bar, and this worked in both Chrome and Firefox. But that is not desirable behavior--it shouldn't be necessary to keep the browser window at full screen all the time--and it's definitely different from what I've seen in the past.

Have you submitted a ticket on this? If you haven't, I recommend that you do, and the best way is to use the Report a Problem option from the Help menu (How do I get help with Canvas?​), initiating the ticket directly from the Canvas Inbox page. If you have a moment, please circle back to this discussion to post the case number, so that others who are seeing the same thing can reference the number when they submit their own tickets.

Thank you, Stefanie. Going full screen does not seem to work either. I use both a MAC and Windows systems and both seem to have this problem. It is a recent problem, it did not work this way in the past. I will submit a ticket and see where this goes. Thank you for your reply and reference for submitting a ticket.

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello ymaurie@iue.edu‌...

I wanted to check in with you because it's been about two months since any new activity in this particular discussion topic.  Are you still experiencing issues with this?  Did you have a chance to submit a ticket to the Canvas Help Desk staff?  If so, did you hear back from them?  And, if you did, would you mind posting an update here as to what the outcome may have been?  For now, I am going to go ahead and mark this question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies to this topic.  I hope this is okay with you, Yvonne.  Looking forward to hearing back from you!