cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Inconsistent Quiz Statistics

In quizzes, when we click on the statistics, we only see partial attempts. For example, we have a quiz which had 55 attempts among 39 students. But it only shows 23 attempts in Quiz statistics. It shows all 55 attempts in student analysis report. Why is this?

Thanks

4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Without being able to actually dig in and look at what you're looking at it's hard to diagnose something like this. My recommendation is to contact Canvas Support and see if they can help - Help link --> Report a Problem.

Community Member

OK, thanks I will do that. It looks like the quiz statistics is ONLY showing the result of students who took it once. There were 55 attempts among 39 students. (Max attempt is set to twice.) That means there were 16 students who attempted twice. Subtracting 16 from 39 gives the number of students who only attempted once and that matches what quiz statistics shows.

So now the question would be, can Quiz Statistics only show students who attempted once in quizzes with multiple attempt enabled? (I will ask this question to the support.)

Very interesting... please let us know what Support has to say!

Community Coach
Community Coach

kumahata​,

Did you receive an answer from Support? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie