Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelalarner
Community Member

Inserting images into the home page

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there a way to insert an image into a module on the home page?  I only see options for text headers, pages, urls, assignment, quiz, file discussion, and external tool.  It could be that my institution has set limitations on what is added if others have the image option.  I was hoping for the image to appear above the links and activities.  I do not want to just put the image on a page for the students to click to see.  Any guidance?  Thank you!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @angelalarner  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Unfortunately, the ability to add images to the "Modules" index page in a Canvas course isn't possible.  However, please check out this Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6185-add-images-to-modules  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you would like to see implemented in Canvas, I would encourage you to vote for it and maybe even add a comment to the bottom of that thread letting the folks at Instructure know why this kind of feature would be important to you.  I know that this might not be the answer you were hoping for, but I do hope that it helps to answer your question.  Please let the Community know if you have any additional questions about this.  Thanks, Angie.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @angelalarner  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Unfortunately, the ability to add images to the "Modules" index page in a Canvas course isn't possible.  However, please check out this Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6185-add-images-to-modules  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you would like to see implemented in Canvas, I would encourage you to vote for it and maybe even add a comment to the bottom of that thread letting the folks at Instructure know why this kind of feature would be important to you.  I know that this might not be the answer you were hoping for, but I do hope that it helps to answer your question.  Please let the Community know if you have any additional questions about this.  Thanks, Angie.

View solution in original post

Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate the information and will

look forward to this feature hopefully being added.

All the best,

Angie Larner

Angie Larner

Department of Education

Belmont Abbey College

100 Belmont-Mount Holly Road

Belmont, NC 28012

angelalarner@bac.edu

BStutzman
Lamplighter II

You can add a emoji to and text title in modules.  When you are in the edit button for a text header use control, command and shift to pull up the emoji menu. 

Thanks you!!

Angie Larner

Department of Education

Belmont Abbey College

100 Belmont-Mount Holly Road

Belmont, NC 28012

angelalarner@bac.edu

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 8:55 AM belinda.stutzman@wayzata.k12.mn.us <