cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradhorn
Community Member

Inserting required quiz question to move through a section - How?

Greetings comrades—

Total Canvas newbie here. In creating an online lesson I'd like to make it so students need to answer a simple question to move from one page to another—just something to keep them engaged and maybe having a little fun. 

How would one do this? Is there a way to insert a question—attached to an action of some kind—into a page?

Thanks for any tips.

6 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

bradhorn‌, there's been some talk about H5P and using it to do this type of thing - https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/k12/blog/2016/04/06/free-interactive-content-with-html5 

tross
Explorer

If you put things in separate modules, you could use requirements on the modules to require a particular score on an assignment to move on.

This is close to what I do. I use Modules, interspersing pages with one-question quizzes. The quizzes together make up a group ("Learning Unit Two") for the score.

dhulsey
Explorer

Hi, bradhorn‌. Have you considered using an external tool to build interactive lessons that write to the Canvas gradebook? Try looking at OfficeMix, which is a free PowerPoint add on from Microsoft or SoftChalk Cloud, which is a paid product with many kinds of interactions built in. Both options hook into Canvas through LTI and can write to the Canvas grade book.

I hope that helps!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

bradhorn,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Thanks, Robbie. I don't know if this has been answered or not. I guess it has if the answer is "it's not possible to do precisely what I'm asking."  @kona had an answered closest to what I'd call an answer when she said, essentially, this is an idea that's being discussed (which I'm all for!).