cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Instructor Comments in CrocDoc- Viewing annotations on a previous submission?

Jump to solution

Hello!

I have marked student's Assignments with comments, annotations and corrections using CrocDoc.

My students have re-submitted a newer version of their document to the Assignment, but I want them to be able to view the comments on the previous submission for the assignment.

At the moment, I cannot find the feature to view previous submissions in the Test Student feature, and I am afraid that students will be unable to see all of the corrections and comments written in the previous submission.

Any tips on getting my students those comments?  I spent hours correcting and commenting on their documents with CrocDoc's annotations feature, but now students don't seem to have access to them after re-submitting a new document to their assignment!

Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

Ryan,

As an instructor, you can access any previously submitted version along with the annotations.  If a student wants to see it, you can save it as a PDF and attach it in the comments section.

To download the PDF, chose the submission you want and then click the button below:

savePDF.jpg

You will get the option to save as a PDF or annotated PDF.

You are correct in that it DOESN'T look like a student can see a previously submitted paper.  Until that is fixed, this should be a viable workaround!

James

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Ryan -

I was trying out the new Community feature when I saw your question, and decided to check out how previous feature requests were dealt with.  I THOUGHT this was a previous feature request, and I think you may be interested in voting up at this link:

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1076#comment-1965

Ken

Highlighted

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this, Ken!  I will vote on that as soon as the voting period opens.

Looks like I am completely out of luck for the time being, which is really unfortunate!

I spent so much time on those comments, and my students will be unable to make corrections or update their assignments based on them.... Argh!

Highlighted
Learner II

Ryan,

As an instructor, you can access any previously submitted version along with the annotations.  If a student wants to see it, you can save it as a PDF and attach it in the comments section.

To download the PDF, chose the submission you want and then click the button below:

savePDF.jpg

You will get the option to save as a PDF or annotated PDF.

You are correct in that it DOESN'T look like a student can see a previously submitted paper.  Until that is fixed, this should be a viable workaround!

James

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you for this workaround, James!  This saved my bacon!

I hope that they can fix this feature in the future, because it was quite a nasty surprise for me after several hours of marking!!

Highlighted

Students can also save it themselves using the same mechanic. They just need to go to submission details and click "view feedback".  The same download button is there for them!

Highlighted

jkocher@ufl.edu​ the only issue is if the student has already re-submitted something else to the assignment. Then they can't access the original file with annotations - admin's can't even do this, only the instructor.  This is why we're trying to get this feature request implemented -

Highlighted

Make it course policy to save it before submitting a new document   Smiley Happy

Highlighted

That's a great suggestion!

Highlighted

teaching middle school made me realize the importance of course policies AND the need to reminded daily about them  :smileymischief: