Highlighted
Surveyor

InstructureCon 2017

Jump to solution

I don't know if this is a proprietary secret, but I am wondering if we could know where InstructureCon will be in 2017.  Even better: some tentative dates.  We're knee deep in the current InstructureCon (this has been a phenomenal conference so far), but I would already like to start planning ahead.  :smileygrin: 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

14991791_1339581159407981_6247553492125939090_n.jpg

Beth, I hope you don't mind, but I'm updating this answer with info about the session submission process so people who find this thread will have that info up at the top. --Adam Williams

If you're interested in presenting, check out Be InstructureCon Famous by Becoming a Presenter!

View solution in original post

81 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

When I was at the Game Night last evening, I heard one of the Instructure employees answering a similar question.  It sounds like they didn't know the location of InstructureCon 2016 until around January of this year.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I heard a rumor (an unqualified person who heard from who knows where) that Instructure contracted out Keystone for one more year. It would be nice to know early because next year I would want to stay closer to the conference center.

Highlighted
Lamplighter

Well, that's a solid source... :smileysilly:

Highlighted
Surveyor

I watched Inception on the plane ride home. Pretty much the same concept. But we can go deeper: someone now can quote ME as saying it.

Highlighted
Community Member

This information would be nice to have as our department is already beginning to plan their conferences for this school/fiscal year.

Highlighted
Community Member

I agree - we need to turn in our request for out-of-state travel for the entire year. Hard to do without sufficient information.

Highlighted
Community Member

I think Instructure needs to take a leaf out of the NFL's playbook and have an "International Series" Conference over on this side of the Pond. It would be interesting to see how many Canvas users from "over there" would make the trip to "over here" in London. Smiley Happy

I think I heard someone with some authority say that they heard about somebody who might be thinking about it from someone else. But don't quote me on that.

Highlighted
Surveyor

The most distant location my company has sent me was Hawaii for the APA conference in 2013.  And unfortunately I took the conference very seriously and only went to the beach once (for about 10 minutes).  I'll bet I could make a case for London...

Highlighted
Community Member

Auckland, New Zealand is lovely!