cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Integrated Webcam with Studio

Jump to solution

How do I setup Studio to use an integrated webcam on my laptop? I get a message that Studio cannot find my webcam.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello crw41@msstate.edu...

When you go to Studio and click on the "Record" button at the top right corner of the Studio screen, select "Webcam Capture".  When the webcam interface opens, you'll see two buttons at the bottom: "Mic" and "Webcam".  You should be able to click on these to select your webcam source and microphone source before you "Start Recording".  How do I record a Canvas Studio video with a webcam in a course?  I hope this will help, Calvin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Weird. It should be auto-synced. As soon as I click on studio and then record and then webcam capture, I see all the beauty! Not to ask a basic question, but have you gone to your computer settings to ensure that your webcam is reading properly? Based on the help documents, it appears it only works in Firefox and Chrome, so I would definitely check your browser, as well. Maybe this will help with some trouble-shooting ideas: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14264-50736843085 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello crw41@msstate.edu...

When you go to Studio and click on the "Record" button at the top right corner of the Studio screen, select "Webcam Capture".  When the webcam interface opens, you'll see two buttons at the bottom: "Mic" and "Webcam".  You should be able to click on these to select your webcam source and microphone source before you "Start Recording".  How do I record a Canvas Studio video with a webcam in a course?  I hope this will help, Calvin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer III

chofer@morainepark.edu‌ Something is happening recently where Canvas is not recognizing the webcam and mic in Firefox. I used to have my permissions set to "Always ask" but this week I have not been seeing the "Allow" options in Firefox. Even when I manually allowed access to the camera and mic, I get an error message from Canvas. The process you posted used to work for me, but I'm wondering if some update happened where Studio/Firefox are not playing nicely anymore?

343322_studio.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello kmallen@butler.edu...

I guess that is certainly possible, but I wouldn't know for sure.  Have you tried this in the Google Chrome browser to see if you get different results?  I would recommend reaching out to Canvas Tech Support, too.  How to contact Canvas Support

0 Kudos