cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smowinkel
Community Member

Interactive Buttons

Jump to solution

Is there a better way to make interactive buttons other than through the HTML editor? What am I missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smowinkel
Community Member

I figured out what I wanted to do...I was trying to take a picture and make it link to another page. I am working on creating sample elementary pages for our teachers to see at a workshop next week.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @smowinkel ​...

I'm the one who directed you here from Twitter.  More space to type.  Smiley Happy

Could you describe your interactive buttons?  How are you using them in your course?  To my knowledge, there isn't anything built into the RCE of Canvas that would allow you to design buttons, so you'd have to do something outside of Canvas.  But, if you can give a description of what the end result of your buttons should do/look like, that would be helpful.  Thanks!

smowinkel
Community Member

I figured out what I wanted to do...I was trying to take a picture and make it link to another page. I am working on creating sample elementary pages for our teachers to see at a workshop next week.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

Hi Shelly,

It sounds like you are headed down the right path. I do something similar by utilizing tables in the Rich Content Editor. I will use images and link them other items in my course, like pages or modules. I will build a table in the dimensions I need (like 2 x 2 in the image below):

184812_pastedImage_0.png

Here's how it ended up looking once I completed the setup and sizing the way I wanted it:

184813_pastedImage_0.png

I know one of the members of my CSM team uses Da Button Factory: website button maker to easily create clean and simple buttons they can use in a similar fashion. There are probably other website out there where you can build buttons and things like that, but I'm not familiar with any of them.

We can go over this when we talk next, if you would like.