Interactive slides

Jump to solution
gilmartineg
Community Novice

How do I keep the interactive component of my Google Slides once I embed the slide into Canvas? How does it make a separate copy for each student so when one child drags an item, it won't change on everyone else's computer?

0 Likes
1 Solution
buchsw
Community Novice

Good afternoon, Beth - welcome to the Canvas Community! Although I think I understand what you're talking about in your question, I see two pieces there that I want to address separately.

First-off, let's talk about embedding Google Slides so that if they have hyperlinks students can click on them. If you want those links to live there, what I have been doing is "Publishing to the web" your slide deck and then grabbing that embed code off of the slides and placing it into your Rich Content Editor. If you need further instructions on that I would be happy to provide those.

If you're talking about the intractability piece of students having their own copy and interacting with the slides that way (like they might on a platform like Google Classroom), there is an LTI tool that does just that called Google Assignments. I'll link an article to that tool here, but know that it does require a Canvas admin in your district to set-up for use.

If you have any other questions, or need me to expand on any of responses more, please let me know and I'd be happy to do so. Have a great rest of your week!

View solution in original post

0 Likes