cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Invalid Pairing Code

Although my student has successfully generated a pairing code for me, every time I attempt to create a parent account using the system generated pairing code I receive an "Invalid pairing code" error. 

Yes, I know the pairing codes are case-sensitive and I have entered them EXACTLY as they appear. Also, I have double checked to make sure my student and I are in the same school district (ccsd.instructure.com).

I am at my wit's end...please help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I'm also a parent with CCSD and trying to use a pairing code that was generated with my child's account. I have attempted several different times with different pairing codes and have even manually typed in the code. I keep getting an INVALID PAIRING CODE error message. Please help us! Thank you

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi - Are you using the Canvas Parent app or the browser? If you've tried one route, but not the other, try it. I'm curious to know if it is an overarching issue or if it's specific to one platform of your district's Canvas.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have only been trying to create my parent account via the website and not the app. I attempted using the app, but there is no option to create a parent account! Sigh

I called our district's help desk (was on hold for over an hour) and was asked for my contact information so that someone could contact me with a solution.

Highlighted

Please reply to this thread if you get an answer, much appreciated!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have tried both and am still having this issue. I have tried on a PC, Android, and an iPad. 

Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi,

I am having the exact same issues as mentioned above. I tried copying and pasting, entered the code manually, tried on app( which is impossible as there is no option for a parent acct)... Did anyone hear back for a solution?

Highlighted
Surveyor

Also a parent having same exact issue. The app doesn't allow you to create a parent observer account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@priesal - Are you able to do so through the browser? Have you selected the correct school from the Find My School screen?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I am in the same situation. I am also on CCSD, going to https://ccsd.instructure.com/, and I get "Invalid pairing code" from both of my kids' pairing codes. I have also tried copy-paste and manual entry of the codes without any success.

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels